Drexel University — IRT

DrexelOne should be able to...

Virtual ID

In case you lose your wallet in an emergency and can't get a temp after hours access into library.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  DrexelOne TeamAdminDrexelOne Team (Admin, Drexel University - IRT) responded  · 

Given that NFC wouldn’t be a good choice now because the majority of users don’t have it (also, we don’t think that the HID readers on campus can read the NFC of a smartphone, but we’ll try anyway) and that the only other comment was a reasonable work-around, we’re going to decline this idea to focus efforts elsewhere. Thanks.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are the readers on campus HID iClass compatible? From what I've researched those are the NFC (13.56MHz) compatible readers.

The HID reader to lower level Creese (to Commuter Lounge) seems to be a different model than the rest on campus. I think this one supports iClass.

• DrexelOne TeamAdminDrexelOne Team (Admin, Drexel University - IRT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, we aren't going to do any more BlackBerry development unless the platform makes a come-back. The old platform lost traction even before BB 10 came out. (Windows Phone, by contrast, has been growing steadily, even though it still is really tiny compared to iOS, which seems to rule the Drexel campus.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a BlackBerry 10 app and allow the NFC feature to emulate the ID for HID access.

Feedback and Knowledge Base